Weight gain of gastric bypass patients is the same as gastric sleeve surgeries, surgery
rates are less than gastric sleeve surgeries. As for the reason;
- Few centers performing gastric revision surgery Very high costs
- Breaking the patient’s belief (after gastric bypass, making the patient believe that it is impossible to gain weight anymore)
- The fact that gastric bypass patients know that the success rate of this surgery is low. Complications of gastric bypass revision surgeries are as high as 20% for doctors
- Surgeons know that long-term success is low in gastric bypass revisions.
- and finally;
- the operation is very, very difficult and there is no consensus between surgeons.
Gastric Bypass Revision Surgery (Surgery From Gastric Bypass To Gastric Bypass)
- The most important factor here is the condition of the patient’s intestine and the stomach volume left in the first surgery.
- The transaction performed;
- First of all, the stomach and intestines are restored, the excess stomach left after the first surgery is reduced.
- The second reason for losing weight is intestinal bypass without being measured, again this bowel is deemed appropriate to the procedure and the anostomosis is carried away.
- In this way, you eat less as your stomach shrinks, and the patient loses weight due to the low absorption thanks to the anostomosis from the distant place.