We are here with chicken zucchini sandal which is a very light recipe and a meal with lots of protein. This recipe will be even more delicious when used fresh for those who grow vegetables from their garden. When the cheddar in the recipe is removed, it becomes a great diet meal. But if you say it is the cheese that gives its real taste, you can add curd instead of cheddar. A hearty and light menu can be created with a bowl of soup, chicken zucchini sandal and plenty of green salad.
What Are the Ingredients?
- 3 zucchinis (medium)
- 1 chicken breast (natural village chicken if possible)
- 1 onion
- Black pepper, curry, thyme, salt (you can flavor it according to your taste with the spices you want.)
For the above
Some cheddar cheese (can be grated)
For the sauce
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 spoon tomato paste (natural tomato paste)
How to Prepare Chicken Zucchini Sandal?
- We chop the chicken breast in small pieces.
- We saute using olive oil up to 1 teaspoon.
- Then we chop the onions finely and add it.
- We sprinkle salt on it.
- We add the spices.
- We divide the zucchinis in half and remove the seeded part with the help of a dessert spoon, then share the chicken mixture.
- We take the zucchini in a tray. We mix 2 glasses of water and 1 spoon of tomato paste and pour it into the bottom of the tray.
- We bake in the oven at 190 °.
- When the zucchinis soften, we sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on it and cook for 5 more minutes.
Calorie Value of Chicken Zucchini Sandal
There are 46 kcal calories in 100 grams of the chicken zucchini sandal meal, and 1 portion (Medium), that is, 295 grams of the food, has 136 calories. Percent daily values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie daily diet. These values may be more or less according to your daily calorie needs. Chicken Zucchini can be preferred as a main course for lunch or dinner. When it is consumed, it is sufficient to consume 1 portion.
- Nutritional Value in 100 grams % Daily Value *
- Calories 46 kcal 2.3%
- Carbohydrate 2.3 g 0.8%
- Fiber 1.0 g 4.1%
- Protein 5.1 g 10.3%
- Fat 1.7 g 2.7%
- Cholesterol 11.2 g 3.7%
- Vitamin A 77.2 IU 1.5%
- Vitamin C 24.4 mg 40.8%
- Calcium 24.1 mg 2.4%
- Potassium 224.9 mg 6.4%
- Iron 1.0 mg 5.6%
What to Eat with Chicken Zucchini Sandal?
- The best choice to start is lentil soup.
- Garlic yogurt, an integral part of a zucchini meal, is the first alternative. It adds zest to the flavor of the zucchini meal.
- If you wish, you can crown the cracked wheat pilaf with a delicious flavor along with this dish. Those who do not prefer rice can also consume pasta with sauce or in the oven.
- Yogurt will be the best choice as a light and plain choice.
- Tzatziki prepared with plenty of dill will also help you to taste the meal.
- You can complete your menu with a red pepper salad with yoghurt or a curly lettuce salad.
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Zucchini?
- Zucchini is among the vegetables rich in folate and dietary fiber. It contains carbohydrates and is known to be a source of plenty of vitamins.
- It contains iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, sodium, selenium and copper in its structure and it can meet the majority of the mineral requirement.
- Zucchini is a weight loss vegetable. It will be a good alternative for those who want to lose weight due to its low amount of fat and calories.
- Zucchini is a very powerful source of antioxidants and effectively fights free radicals. In addition, due to the high amount of vitamin C in its content, it has an important place in the prevention of many types of cancer.
- It is an essential vegetable for colon health. Because it has a rich fiber content. Accordingly, it also has positive effects on microbiota.
- Thanks to its high potassium content, zucchini has an important place in strengthening muscles and regenerating muscle tissue.
- Zucchini fruit is rich in lutein and beta carotene. A bowl of squash contains about 130 mg of beta carotene and around 2400 mg of lutein. Lutein helps protect from eye ailments.